Laser dentistry is a minimally invasive tool, requiring fewer anesthesia shots than traditional drilling. Not only is this great when it comes to comfort, but other advantages of laser dentistry are:
- Potential decrease need for sutures with soft tissue lasers
- Anesthesia may not be necessary depending on the procedure
- Wounds may heal faster as it can help tissue to regenerate
- Bleeding can be minimized as the laser promotes blood clotting
- Less damage to the surrounding tissues
Another advantage is how laser dentistry can reduce dental visits overall. Additionally, since we have to use less anesthetic, rather than having you schedule another appointment to finish multiple procedures, we may be able to perform them without needing several visits.
Soft tissue laser seals nerve endings and blood vessels while penetrating the tissue, so many experience little to no pain after laser treatment. But what are the different types of laser treatments?