Digital Smile Design is a revolutionary tool that has set a new standard in dentistry. When the customers are impacted by their smile and their mouth health or are suffering from some injury and need to have their smile restored, Digital Smile Design is the way to go. Dentists in Calgary SE are taking this new approach.
With typical procedures, not all the results are the same. Digital Smile Design’s outcomes are much more predictable, which is one of the reasons why it’s become a popular way of treating patients worldwide and has positively impacted and changed people's lives in so many different ways. Stoney Trail Dental Calgary has heard great reviews and seen big smiles with Digital Smile Design.
Let’s dive in and explore more about Digital Smile Design and how it can positively affect your life.
What exactly is Digital Smile Design?
- Digital Smile Design (DSD) is a stand-alone dental treatment tool used for planning and creating a patient's smile. This treatment helps provide a type of diagnostic vision, predictability, and significantly improves communication within the patient and dental service.
- You will want a treatment plan that will give accurate dental and facial proportions. With Digital Smile Design, this is achieved by using photographs, videos, and mock-ups.
- With the DSD process, there is a better way for dentists to understand the interactions between the teeth, gums, and lips to be able to provide the patient with the best smile possible. This plan is created through a thorough analysis of the facial proportions and dental proportions.
- Emotions matter. Each patient will have different emotional needs and DSD providers will take into account how their patients react in different situations. Your DSD provider understands how your emotions translate to physical expressions and this is taken into account as DSD providers need to have an artistic vision to be accepted as a DSD provider.
What does the Digital Smile Design process look like?
- In your journey to getting your smile and mouth health where it needs to be, you will need to locate a provider near you.
- Once you find your provider, they will go through treatment and the benefits you can expect from the process.
- Once you decide on treatment, you will have videos and 3-dimensional photos taken for all angles of your mouth.
- A common example of this technology is an iTero scanner. These scanners are commonly used for the 3D Digital Smile Design process and then uploaded into the Digital Smile Design software.
- This process reaches all angles of your mouth that are needed to render an accurate representation of your mouth's final result.
- Once the software renders the data, it provides digital libraries with different examples of what you can expect from your treatment. Once a shape is chosen, a physical model will be able to be produced for you to see how your mouth design will interact along with your facial look and expressions.
You are ultimately the one in the driver's seat with this process to ensure what you are given is exactly what you want. This is a great way for you to get the smile you deserve and Digital Smile Design is the very best way to get it.
Questions? Let's get in touch.